Can't Sleep

It's Saturday night/ Sunday morning and I can't sleep right now. I'm currently lying in bed listening to music and typing this on my iPad.  Maybe if I get some of these thoughts out of my mind I'll be able to go to sleep.


So Friday marked my 10 months on this island and I only have 13 more to go. Hopefully they won't last too long, although, it's a sad thought to think 10% of my life thus far will have been wasted on this place before I leave.


Every day it seems more apparent than the day before that being in the military is just a temporary thing for me. All I wanted when I enlisted was to deploy with the Marines, but in reality I got stuck working in a hospital with a bunch of people I hate. It's nearly enough to drive me insane.


On to other thoughts it's quite refreshing to think in 5 months I'll be visiting America again.  I really miss that place. There's no doubt in my mind I'm extremely proud and grateful to have hailed from that country.  2 years in a row I've been away from my family for Christmas, and there's no way I'm going to let that happen. Maybe I'll even fly out to California for a week to visit a few of my friends in San Diego.

It seems that sleep and dreams are calling me to a place far from here.


Warm regards,
Antwaan


Comments

Popular Posts